Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Waiting at Logan Airport Boston, Ma

Well I made it through security, whew! I had to put the iphone in one box, the computer in another and my cameras and other electronics in another. Ah, and of course my shoes, but my feet didnt stink because I had my magic Google socks on:) The airport is very quiet but there were lots of security guards outside with dogs. They dress a bit like storm troopers with very high shiny black boots and pants that have wings on each side. I am at the Lufthansa gate and I am sitting by a sign that says 'hot spot" and that means I can connect to wifi but I have to pay 7.50. My sister Amy and her husband Phil are sitting here too. Phil is so funny, he and Amy have never been to Europe and he was a bit red in the face going through all the commotion created by 911. Amy works for the Morning Sentinel and she wants me to email the folks back at the newsroom so they can follow our blog. Oops here comes Amy with coffee and scone for me because I am famished. We wait until 4:15 and we will be off to Frankfurt. My daughter called me on my iPhone to tell me that she and R. are having a bit of trouble getting wifi in Vienna. They managed to call in a Starbucks shop. R.  has an iphone so he was able to connect. They wanted to warn us that Vienna is like the USA in the 1970's , just to let us know that it is not a modern city. I said, "Great, I love going back in time!" This will be so much fun running around in the past:) I graduated in 1971 and went to college for the next 4 years, so I remember the 70's. I will keep you all posted when we get to the next wifi!! Go look up Vienna, Austria in Wikipedia and let me know what you discover..oh where oh where should I go when I get there? Do tell:) It is 3,671 miles to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yahh My airport!!
:)