Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wedding in Vienna

The wedding was really something! We attended a civil ceremony first that was brief and official and then all took the train to the Sacher Hotel where we had champagne and later Sacher Torte and coffee. R's mother made a very nice speech telling the story of his development over the years. It was very much like my daughter in many ways...curious, inquisitive people. I read a Shakespeare sonnet and I think everyone is having a great time. His parents are very gracious hosts and they are having a wonderful time seeing so many relatives that they have not seen for many years. We had a tasty meal in a traditional Austrian tavern last night. The food consists of many different meats, always cabbage/ saurkraut, potoatoes, and many varied desserts. Today we will all be going on a tour of the museums in Vienna and I will have more information as soon as I get back to the apartment.

No comments: